Recognition status of Department of Pharmacy, Abbottabad University of Science & Technology:
Pharmacy Council of Pakistan (pcpisb.gov.pk)
English as medium of Instruction:
English is used from the beginning of a course as the main language in class, and the teacher adapts their methodology to support meaning, by using a lot of visual information and non-verbal communication to support meaning.
Aims & Objectives of the Pharm.D. Program:
The aims and objectives of Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) curriculum are to prepare graduates who will have the capacity, UpToDate knowledge, strong ethical values, behaviour, communication, writing and social skills that will enable them to pursue careers in:
- Pharmaceutical care in health systems and community environment where appropriate medication usage and patient’s safety is paramount.
- Pharmaceutical industry and its quality systems.
- Academia, research and development.
To prepare pharmacy graduates whose scientific knowledge and skills enable them to work with the pace to ensure the quality in the design, manufacture, distribution and safe and effective use of pharmaceuticals in the society and clinical setting.
- To keep pace with the advancements in the modern sciences.
- To prepare the students to fulfill the industrial needs and they should be well versed with the basic medical and pharmaceutical sciences in order to prepare a dosage regimen for an individual patient.
- Community pharmacy practice should be comprehensive.
- Internship in various disciplines of Pharmacy should be implemented.
- Update the syllabi of the Pharmacy keeping in view the current proposals, requirements and the Needs of the profession.
- To make our graduates more skillful, competitive and knowledgeable both practically and theoretically.
- To cater the local and international pharmacy needs.
- Uniformity in the curriculum of Pharmacy at national level.
- Credit hours should be harmonized i.e. practical and theory credit hours.
- To make a health care practitioner who is expert in the use of medicine in all practical fields and are capable of disease state management specially to improve public health at large.
- Upon graduation, the graduates should have the capacity, knowledge and capability to undertake career in;
- a) Enhance patient safety to safe medication usage in community and health care systems
- b) To work in the pharmaceutical industry and its quality system
- c) To engage in academics and research i.e. Practice and Academics.
- d) To prepare students as good human beings in serving the community i.e., ethics, communication skills, writing skills, behavior etc.
- e) After graduation, he should become a member of health care team.
- f) To help the stakeholders of pharmacy about the implications of WTO and TRIPS.
- The syllabi should be more practical rather theoretical.
- To include new things regarding OTC Pharmacy (Patient Pharmacist interaction).
- To prepare pharmacy graduates for better pharmacy practice in the areas including clinical pharmacy, community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy and industrial pharmacy.
- To add further in the curriculum clinical oriented areas as per demand of Pharm.D degree.
- To update the current syllabi according to the needs of the national and international demand.
- To develop graduates capable of catering the needs of national and international health organizations or authorities to help adapt the paradigm shift in the health care system.
- To bring uniformity in the contents of the syllabi in line with International trends/ international universities imparting Pharm.D education.
- To produce the graduates to meet the challenges of 21st century of health care problems.