Office of the Director Academics plays a central role in formulating Academic Rules and Regulations for the University. Director Academics addresses all issues relevant to quality of learning in all Faculties in collaboration with Deans and Chair Departments. This shall include matters relating to curricula, teaching methodologies and evaluation of teachers and students. This office suggests and helps implement programs that encourage critical thinking and enhances academic and research activities. Director Academics works as secretary of the Academic Council of the University, which involves preparing agenda in collaboration with the Deans & Chairs of the Departments, holding meetings, recording decisions and disseminating the same among all concerned for implementation.
The Directorate of Academics will also be responsible for managing and directing and academic services which enable academics and students to achieve the highest standards in learning and research in support of the strategic development of the university.
The Directorate is to ensure smooth and efficient implementation and progression of all academic programs at AUST in line with HEC/AUST Statues/Other regulatory bodies.
- To develop academic calendars to regulate the academic work plan and event calendars to strengthen University conferences, seminars and important events.
- To evaluate and improve curriculum of all programs to bring them at par with national and international standards.
To bring the uniformity in course codes and credit hours.
- To improve teachers communication skills and teaching methods through capacity building programs.
- To coordinate with academic departments (Chairman/HODs) in sharing faculty, educational and instructional ideas.
- To suggest academic programs in line with international and national market needs, also initiate joint degree programs among different Universities.
- To develop Policies and Rules for UG/PG programs and ensure their effective implementation.
- To monitor implementation of the Academic Regulations and academic decisions of the statutory and regulatory bodies.
- To process recommendations and proposals submitted by the Faculty Board of Studies through Academic Council.
- To process cases of Equivalence, Exemptions and Time-Bar Extensions, in accordance with relevant AUST/HEC Rules.
- To scrutinize and process the cases of new PG programs for NOC from HEC.