Bachelor of Pharmacy(University of Peshawar)
Ph.D in Microbiology(Quaid-i-Azam University)
Postdoc(University of California at Santa Cruz, CA, USA)
My research interests include studying microbiology of Helicobacter pylori, Antibiotic resistance, Exploring potential of bacteriophages in controlling stubborn microbial infections, Drug discovery and repurposing of natural products. I am an active members of research groups based at Abbottabad University of Science and Technology, NUST, QAU and University of Hail (KSA).
Assistant Professor: Department of Pharmacy, Abbottabad University of Science & Technology, Havelian. Pakistan
(Feb. 2012 – todate: 9.5 Years)
Head of Pharmacy Dept: Women Institute of Learning, Abbottabad, Pakistan
(Sep. 2011 – Feb. 2012: 6 Months)
Visiting Lecturer: Humdard Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Humdard University Islamabad and Department of Pharmacy, University of Lahore, Islamabad Pakistan
(Sep. 2005 – Aug. 2008: 03 Years)
Screening of H. pylori infected patients for advanced disease states using AhpC marker (Lab strengthening) by TWAS-UNESCO Italy (Principal Investigator)
Development and characterization of antidiabetic polymers derived from Abelrnoschus esculentus L. Moench. fruit latex cultivated in Hail Province. Ministry of Education, KSA (Co-PI)
GC-MS based metabolite profiling, phytochemical analysis and anticancer activity of Eruca sativa leaves cultivated in Hail Province. Ministry of Education, KSA (Co-PI)
1. Lowenthal AC, Simon C, Fair AS, Mehmood K, Terry K, Anastasia S and Ottemann KM. 2009. A fixed-time diffusion analysis method determines that the three cheV genes of Helicobacter pylori differentially affect motility. Microbiology 155:1181-1191. (JCR 2.138, SJR 0.98-Q2).
2. Lowenthal AC, Hill M, Sycuro LK, Mehmood K, Salama NR and Ottemann KM. 2009. Functional Analysis of the Helicobacter pylori Flagellar Switch Proteins. J. Bacteriol. 191 (23): 7147-7156. (JCR 3.004, SJR 1.84-Q1).
3. Mehmood K, Shoukat S, Hameed Z, Hussain M, Ahmed S, Shah AA, Hameed A and Hasan F. 2011. Evaluation of various strategies for isolation and culturing of Helicobacter pylori. Pakistan J. Zool. 43 (3): 427-435. (JCR 0.750, 0.28-Q3).
4. Mehmood K, Hameed Z, Shoukat S, Hasan F, Alam AY, Hameed A and Nadir A. 2011. Predictors of Depression in Dyspeptic Patients of Islamabad, Pakistan. JAMC. 23 (4): 49-52. (SJR 0.19-Q3).
5. Mehmood K and Hasan F. 2012. Construction and use of a prokaryotic expression system for Helicobacter pylori AhpC. BMC Research Notes. 5:328. (Web of Science indexed, SJR 0.6-Q2).
6. Haq RU, Wahab A, AyubK, Mehmood K, Sherkheli MA, Khan RA and Raza M. 2013. Antitussive Efficacy and Safety Profile of Ethyl Acetate Fraction of Terminalia chebula. ISRN Pharmacology. Article ID. 256934. (Journal publication ended in 2014 by Hindawi).
7. Khan M, Qureshi RA, Hussain M, Mehmood K and Khan R. 2013. Hexane soluble fraction of Mallotus philippensis (Lam.) Muell. Arg extract possesses anti-leukemic activity. Chemistry Central Journal. 7:157. (JCR 2.493, SJR 0.43-Q2).
8. Mehmood K, Awan AA, Muhammad N, Nadir N and Hasan F. 2014. H. pylori prevalence and histopathological findings in dyspeptic patients of Pakistan. JAMC. 26 (2): 182-85. (SJR 0.19-Q3).
9. Mehmood K, Nadir N and Hasan F. 2014. Seroprevalence and risk factors of Helicobacter pylori infection in Pakistan. Annual Review and Research in Biology. 4(24): 3734-3741. (SJR 0.28-Q2).
10. Saeed M, Awan AA, Muhammad N, Mehmood K, Khan A, Farooq U, Ahmad I, Khan FA and Bukhari SM. 2017. Investigation of antipyretic activity of Viola serpens on brewerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s yeast induced pyrexia in mice. Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica. 74(6): 1797-1802. (JCR 0.456, SJR 0.19-Q3).
11. Ullah SR, Andleeb S, Raza T, Jamal M, Mehmood K. 2017. Effectiveness of a Lytic Phage SRG1 against Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecalis in Compost and Soil. BioMed Research International, Article ID 9351017. (JCR 2.276, SJR 0.68-Q2).
12. Raza T, Rahmat Ullah S, Mehmood K, Andleeb S. 2018. Vancomycin resistant Enterococci: A brief review”. JPMA. 68(5): 768-772. (JCR 0.573, SJR, 0.25-Q3).
13. Raza T, Andleeb S, Rahmat Ullah S, Jamal M, Mehmood K, Ali M. 2018. Isolation and Characterization of a Phage to Control Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus faecium. Open Life Sci.; 13: 553Ã¢â‚¬â€œ560. (JCR 0.69, SJR, 0.2-Q3).
14. Nasir S, Vohra MS, Gul D, Swaiba UE, Aleem M, Mehmood K, Andleeb S. 2020. Novel Antibiotic Combinations of Diverse Subclasses for Effective Suppression of Extensively Drug-Resistant Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). International Journal of Microbiology. 2020 (Web of Science indexed, SJR 0.64-Q3).
15. Ullah SR, Majid M, Rashid MI, Mehmood K, Andleeb S. 2020. Immunoinformatics Driven Prediction of Multiepitopic Vaccine Against Klebsiella pneumoniae and Mycobacterium tuberculosis Coinfection and Its Validation via In Silico Expression. International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics. 1-13. (JCR 1.5, SJR, 0.26-Q3).
16. Fatima NU, Anwar R, Baig TA, Mehmood K, Andleeb S. 2020. Association of hepatitis E seropositivity and altered progesterone levels in pregnant women of low socioeconomic status from capital region of Pakistan. JPMA. 70(12-A): 2119-2123 (JCR 0.573, SJR, 0.25-Q3).
17. Elkhalifa AO, Alshammari E, Adnan M, Alcantara JC, Awadelkareem AM, Eltoum NE, Mehmood K, Panda BP, Ashraf SA. 2021. Okra (Abelmoschus Esculentus) as a Potential Dietary Medicine with Nutraceutical Importance for Sustainable Health Applications. Molecules 26 (3), 696 (JCR 3.267, SJR, 0.757-Q2).
18. Elkhalifa AO, Alshammari E, Adnan M, Alcantara JC, Mehmood K et al. 2021. Development and Characterization of Novel Biopolymer Derived from Abelmoschus esculentus L. Extract and Its Antidiabetic Potential. Molecules 26 (12), 3609. (JCR 3.267, SJR, 0.757-Q2).
19. Rizvi SMD, Hussain T, Mehmood K, Moin A, Alanazi AS, Subaiea GM. 2021. Molecular docking and dynamic simulation study to explore quercetin as a multi-potent candidate against gliomas. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 20 (4). (JCR 0.57, SJR, 0.21-Q3).
20. Rehman A, Andleeb S, Ullah SR, Mustafa Z, Gul D, Mehmood K. 2021. Antibiotic mediated expression analysis of Shiga toxin 1 and 2 in multi drug resistant Shiga toxigenic Escherichia coli. Folia Microbiologica 2021. (JCR 2.05, SJR, 0.54-Q3).