- Ph.D. Materials Engineering, Hanyang University, South Korea
- MS Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, UET Lahore, Pakistan
- BS Metallurgy & Materials Science Engineering, PU Lahore, Pakistan
- Solar Cells (QDSC): Development and characterization of quantum dot sensitized solar cells (QDSCs) and Solar Paints Advanced engineering materials by powder metallurgy, surface modification & microstructural design
- Photocatalysts: Application of nanoscale materials for “photocatalytic dye-degradation” test and Hydrogen Evolution Reaction (HER) test.
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD): Thin film deposition on FTO glass and silicon wafer; coating of nano-powders with control on angstrom scale by using ALD; crystallization of thin films by rapid thermal annealing (RTA) equipment
- Wet Chemical Synthesis: Synthesis of multifunctional nanomaterials for advanced applications including solar paints, quantum-dot-sensitized solar cells by chemical bath deposition (CBD), successive Ionic Layer adsorption, and reaction (SILAR) process, hydrothermal and pyrolysis techniques, etc.
Products Development & Production
- Development of automotive casting parts such as flywheels, brake drums, exhaust manifolds, etc., and did their cost analysis.
- Development, implementation, and documentation of manufacturing processes for new foundry products for the automotive sector.
- Training workforce to boost “quality control” and “work management” skills.
- Supervision of casting operations and technical personnel, from workers to foremen.
- Total Quality Management, IBM-UET Lahore
- Project Management, IBM-UET Lahore
- Foundry Production System, PITAC & NPO Pakistan
- Lean Management, Pakistan Japan Business Forum
Selected Research Publications:
- “Modernized H2S-treatment of TiO2 nanoparticles: improving quantum-dot deposition for enhanced photocatalytic performance” by Ijaz Ali, Mohsin Muhyuddin, Navaj Mullani, Dae Woong Kim, Dae Hyun Kim, Muhammad Abdul Basit and Tae Joo Park. Current Applied Physics 20 (2020) 384-390
- “Superior atomic layer deposition of conformal ZnO shell on spherical SiO2 particles for enhanced photocatalytic activity” by Waheed Ahmad, Muhammad Abdul Basit, Muhammad Saad Khan, Ijaz Ali, Tae Joo Park. Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures (2020), 11408
- “Improved resistive switching behavior of multiwalled carbon nanotube/TiO2 nanorods composite film by increased oxygen vacancy reservoir” by Navaj Mullani, Ijaz Ali, Tukaram Dongale, Gun Hwan Kim, Professor B J. Choi and Tae Joo Park. Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing 108 (2020) 104907
- “Significantly improved photo-and electro-chemical performance of CuS. PbS nanocomposites for dye degradation and paintable counter electrodes” by Mohsin Muhyuddin, Talha Farooq Khan, Muhammad Aftab Akram, Ijaz Ali, Tae Joo Park, Muhammad Abdul Basit. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, p. 112720
- “Ultrathin TiO2-coated SiO2 nanoparticles as light scattering centers for quantum dot-sensitized solar cell” by Muhammad Abdul Basit, Muhammad Awais Abbas, Naeem Rehmat, Ijaz Ali, Eunyong Jang, Jin Ho Bang, Tae Joo Park. Materials Research Bulletin (2020), vol 127, p. 110858
- “Improved CdS quantum dot distribution on a TiO2 photoanode by an atomic-layer-deposited ZnS passivation layer for quantum dot-sensitized solar cells” Eun Sun Jung, Muhammad Abdul Basit, Muhammad Awais Abbas, Ijaz Ali, Dae Woong Kim, Young Min Park, Jin Ho Bang, and Tae Joo Park Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, (2020), vol 218, p. 110753
- “Atomic layer deposition with rotary reactor for uniform hetero-junction photocatalyst, g-C3N4@TiO2 core-shell structures” by Eunyong Jang, Won Jun Kim, Dae Woong Kim, Seong Hwan Hong, Ijaz Ali, Young Min Park, Tae Joo Park. RSC Advances (2019), 9, p. 57.
- “Enhanced PbS quantum dot loading on TiO2 photoanode using atomic-layer-deposited ZnS interfacial layer for quantum dot-sensitized solar cells,” by Muhammad Abdul Basit, Muhammad Awais Abbas, Eun S. Jung, Ijaz Ali, D. W. Kim, J.H Bang, Tae Joo Park Materials Chemistry & Physics (2018), 220, p. 293.